THE BOOK HAS LANDED AND MUCH MORE FROM STOKE LANE !
“Angels with Dirty Faces” has arrived and Gary’ Boatsy’ Clarke and Paul Lowe carried out the first book signing session for partners Msr Newsgroup in the Boot Room this evening and Owner Mark James became the first person to purchase their highly anticipated book and is pictured with the duo after handing over his £20 for the book.
Copies of the book which features plenty of Nottingham Forest stories and memories from these two long standing fans also features plenty of Carlton Town imput. Chairman Mick Garton features in two chapters and new Eastwood CFC Chairman Daryll Claypole who was Director of Football at Stoke Lane last year when the book was written is also featured.
Carlton will host the official book launch on Sunday 19th February from 2pm and a book signing session is expected to be held at Eastwood which is also the home of Nottingham Forest Ladies sometime in March.
Msr Newsgroup will have signed copies available at Angel Row Nottingham, Front Street Arnold and Radcliffe Road West Bridgford by this coming weekend, with Forest supporters able to buy the book prior to this Sunday’s game against Leeds United and all profits from sales of the book through Msr Newsgroup will be donated to Carlton Town Fc to help plug a financial shortfall that the club are suffering from this season for reasons already well documented.
Boatsy’s last book was a sell out selling thousands of copies and is now out of print in the United Kingdom, Boatsy and Msr regularly get asked for it!
Boatsy and Paul have told us that they have people coming from all over the country for the launch , Birmingham, Cambridge, Dorking and London visitors are known to this website and an ex Police Detective Superintendent is also understood to be travelling from a decent distance to support the launch.
Such is the excitement surrounding the book launch, we could continue with this story much longer but there are also other things going off at Carlton Town this week other than our memorable win on Tuesday night at the One Call Stadium and of course the book launch and they deserve important coverage, so here goes!
1. The Millers Academy beat Stafford Town 4-2 at Stoke Lane this afternoon to maintain their excellent form making it 5 wins on the bounce.
2. Carlton Town are looking to get some new volunteers and talent on the board, something Mick, Boatsy, Gavin and Dave in particular have been working hard on in recent weeks and a commitee meeting will be held at the ground on Monday February 6th at 6.30pm when two new friends of the club will be speaking and hopefully securing sufficient support from those on the committee who can attend to vote them in to positions when they can help make a difference going forward.
3. A coach will leave the ground at 11am Saturday for the trip to Tadcaster, the return trip is only £15 for supporters, to secure a seat phone Boatsy on 07907 064189.
4. Carlton have been given dates for two rearranged away games, they will now travel to Hebburn Town on Tuesday 7th March and Grantham Town on Tuesday 14th March.
5. Carlton have weekend slots available on their two five a side pitches and an 8 till 9 slot has just become free on a Thursday night £35 , there may also be a Monday night slot for the full 3G 8 till 9 at £70 or one pitch £35. To enquire or book a pitch, phone Mick on 07970 034880.
6. Although the focus is only on the Tadcaster fixture, who also had an excellent first win on Tuesday night ahead of their visit of the Millers, its worth mentioning that Carlton are back in action on Tuesday night on 7th February when Brighouse are the visitors to Stoke Lane 7.45pm and the club would welcome sponsors for their usual packages for another big game as the Millers attempt to pull away from the relegation zone, once again Boatsy can be contacted on 07907 064189.
7. Finally Supporters club Chief Alan Murphy has made us aware that two numbers have become available for the 150 club, numbers 43 and 87 , please contact the Carlton Town fans directly on Twitter to join or once again contact Boatsy who will put you in touch with Alan. The cost is just £10 per month for the benefit of various crucial expenditure at the club.